I have instructed yoga classes for pregnant women for the last 12 years. I enjoy dedicating my classes to support mothers in their creation of a relaxed gentle birth for their babies.
I believe that giving birth is a natural healthy process that brings challenges and joy to parents and families. I acknowledge that each birth is a personal event, every pregnancy is unique, and the birthing process is a reflection of personal beliefs, experiences, and choices.
In this current time of uncertainty and fast pace of living, I think it is paramount for expecting mothers to take time to care for their pregnant body, rest the mind, and lift the spirit in preparation for receiving their child.
I encourage you to prepare for a natural birth. However, giving the uncertainty of the birthing process cultivating acceptance of the unexpected is an important part of what I like to explore with my students.
I propose that having a good birth experience is about a healthy baby with a healthy mother, but also about not regretting the choices that you made, and feeling that you have done the very best you could for you and your baby.
My approach is gentle and nurturing.
Yoga Style/ Class Types
My style of teaching is based on Hatha Yoga and the 8 limbs of yoga from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras.
• Diploma in Yoga Teaching – Australian Yoga Academy (500 hours).
• Certified Pre & Post Natal Yoga Instructor, Trained by Ana Davis at Baby Bliss Yoga (RPNYT). (120 hours)
• Certified Relax Renew Restorative Yoga Trainer
• Basics Foundation of Hanna Somatics,
• I have had the privilege of training with internationally known yoga teachers and authors Dona Farhi, Judith Hanson Lasater, Anna Davis at Bliss Baby Yoga, and Lisa Peterson
• I have a Diploma in Education from Monash University, which allows me to apply diverse teaching methodologies to my classes.